We have already seen what do turtles like to eat. However, that was all about natural food which includes vegetables, fruits, etc. However, there might be instances when you might have to leave your turtle home when you are out for a vacation, weekend, or a business trip. How will you feed your turtle in such situations? Exactly, where the automatic turtle feeders come in the picture. You can simply add the ready turtle food available in the market and set the feeder in such a way, that your turtle doesn’t starve. With these feeders, you can also ensure that they are not over-eating.
Before going out on a vacation, you can ing simply try the working of the feeder to ensure that your pet has no issues of food when you are apart. However, what considerations you need to have in mind when you are desiring to buy the automatic turtle feeder.
- 1 How to Choose the Automatic Turtle Feeder / Pellet Feeder – Comprehensive Guide
- 2 6 Best Automatic Turtle Feeders / Pellet Feeder / Food Dispenser
- 2.1 Zacro – Best Automatic Feeder for Turtle Tank
- 2.2 Eheim Everyday Turtle Feeder – Automatic Feeding Unit
- 2.3 ShinePick – Automatic Turtle Food Dispenser
- 2.4 MQ Feeder- Automatic Turtle Pellet Feeder
- 2.5 TOPBRY – Best Automatic Turtle Feeder for Aquarium
- 2.6 Noodoky – Best Automatic Food Dispenser for Turtles
- 3 Few FAQs Related to Turtle Feeding
- 4 Conclusion
How to Choose the Automatic Turtle Feeder / Pellet Feeder – Comprehensive Guide
While buying any product, we do have certain considerations in mind. Here, we have highlighted certain considerations for buying an automatic turtle feeder.
Generally, the feeders come with two methods of charging – USB charging and battery operated. There are a few feeders that have both charging options as well. However, many are either only battery-operated or charged only with USB.
The USB charging is an energy-saving option. However, if you are out for a long you may opt for batteries wherein there is no risk of over-charging. Many of the feeders, may last for 3-6 months once completely charged depending upon the settings of the feeder.
This can be a major concern when it comes to buying a feeder. You need to be able to feed a sufficient amount of feed which helps your pet survive during your entire vacation.
Most of the feeders are available in 200 ml capacity, however, there are few options with lower capacity in case you don’t need a large capacity feeder.
The turtle feeders are generally easy to install. There might be different options to install the feeder like you may have to simply place it on top of the feeder, fit it with double tape or install it with a clamp to the wall of the tank.
However, if you are installing the feeder to the clamp of the tank, make sure you consider the thickness of the glass of the tank before buying the feeder. Other methods can be used on any tank with a top cover.
This is another important thing to be considered while buying the feeder. You need to ensure that the feeder has a proper ventilation system to keep the food dry. The wet food might jam the feeder opening which might not let the feed flow in the tank in the desired quantity.
Also, you always fill the feeder for the 2/3rd portion. The completely filled feeder might damp the feed and for a prolonged period, it may even spoil the feed in the feeder drum.
You do consider the warranty of the product as an add-on to buying the product. The warranty ensures better after-sales service for any problem in the product.
These are the few factors to be considered while buying an automatic turtle feeder. Now, let us see a few best buying options of the feeder.
6 Best Automatic Turtle Feeders / Pellet Feeder / Food Dispenser
The following are the few best automatic turtle feeders which we have found. All are the best when it comes to features. You need to select the right one for your tank and grab the right option for you.
Zacro – Best Automatic Feeder for Turtle Tank
Eheim Everyday Turtle Feeder – Automatic Feeding Unit
ShinePick – Automatic Turtle Food Dispenser
MQ Feeder- Automatic Turtle Pellet Feeder
TOPBRY – Best Automatic Turtle Feeder for Aquarium
Noodoky – Best Automatic Food Dispenser for Turtles
After seeing, the best automatic turtle feeders available, there are certain questions every turtle owner would have relating to turtle feeding. Let us see a few of them for your understanding.
Few FAQs Related to Turtle Feeding
These were a few common queries for feeding a turtle. We hope, we have given you sufficient information for automatic turtle feeders and how much and how often to feed a turtle.
Well, these were a few best automatic turtle feeders. Now, you can travel leaving all the worries for your pet behind. Your pet surely won’t die out of starvation with this option nor will they be overfed. However, one thing that needs care is, the tank would need cleaning in case the feed has spread all over the tank.
That was all about the automatic turtle feeders. If you have any suggestions write to us in the comments section below.
YardPals does not constitute pet medical advice, please consult a licensed veterinarian in your area for pet medical advice. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other such affiliate advertising programs, which helps us earn a small commission when you buy a product from our affiliate link.
- What to do with a Dead Turtle? #CPR #PreserveShell #Rituals
- How to Preserve Turtle Shell #Clean #BestWays #Decompose #Legal
- 6 Best Automatic Turtle Feeder / Food Dispenser – Ultimate Buying Guide
- 8 Basking Rocks/ Platforms for Turtles – A Perfect Guide
- 7 Best Submersible Water Heater for Turtle Tanks – Ultimate Buying Guide
- What Do Baby Snapping Turtles Eat? #Fish #Duck
- What do Baby Painted Turtles Eat? #Plants #Insects #Wild
- How Do You Know When a Turtle is Dying #Signs
- How to Take Care of Snapping Turtle Eggs? #Incubating #Hatching
- What Do Land Turtles Eat? #Grapes #Bread #Shrimp #Tomatoes
- How to Know If a Turtle Is Happy? #Gratify Your Turtle #Playtime
- How Do Turtles Breathe? #Through Their Butts #Underwater #In Winter
- 26 Types of Turtles in Georgia #Laws in Georgia
- Turtle vs Tortoise (Facts You All Would Want to Know)
- Which Animals Eat Turtles?
- Best Time & Place to See Turtles in Hawaii #O’ahu #Maui #Kauai
- Different Sea/Aquatic & Land Turtles That Stay Small
- What Does Aquatic Turtles Eat? #Snacktime #LoveForFood
- How To Take Care of Turtle Egg At Home?
Bunny3 years ago
How to Get Rid of Mites on Rabbits? #NaturalRemedies #Video
Skunk2 years ago
What Does Skunk Poop Look Like? Images & Identifications
Bunny3 years ago
How Big Do Dwarf Bunnies Get? – Amazing Facts #Images
Horse2 years ago
How Much Weight Can a Horse Carry? #Clydesdale #Friesian #Mustang #Draft
Turtles3 years ago
How To Take Care of Turtle Egg At Home?
Horse3 years ago
Difference Between Riding a Mule and a Horse
Turtles2 years ago
How to Take Care of Snapping Turtle Eggs? #Incubating #Hatching
Turtles3 years ago
What Does Aquatic Turtles Eat? #Snacktime #LoveForFood