As we know turtles are cold-blooded. To maintain body temperature and heat, they need external heat from the surrounding. They also need sunlight for basking. However, the sunlight in the house is not sufficient for them. Thus, to substitute this sunlight one uses UV bulbs in the aquarium, and to provide heat in the water there are water heaters available for the aquarium. However, one needs to know what factors to consider to buy a water heater for turtles.
- 1 Discover the Best Water Heater for Turtle Tanks
- 2 7 Best Water Heaters for Turtle Tanks on Budget
- 2.1 PERSUPER Submersible Aquarium Heater
- 2.2 Orlushy Mini Aquarium Heater for Turtle Tanks
- 2.3 Zoo Med Turtletherm Aquatic Turtle Heater
- 2.4 Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater with Electronic Thermostat
- 2.5 hygger – Best 500-Watt Water Heater for Turtle Tank
- 2.6 Mylivell Submersible Auto Thermostat Aquarium Heater
- 2.7 Hitop Submersible Adjustable Aquarium Heater
- 3 How to Keep A Turtle Tank Warm Without A Heater?
- 4 Concluding Thoughts
Discover the Best Water Heater for Turtle Tanks
The water heaters for the turtle tanks are essential for a safe and healthy life for your aquatic pet. However, we should know what material to consider when you buy the heater for turtle tanks. So, let us see a few factors for getting the best product for your home aquarium:
The material of the water heater shall be a very important concern as the turtles are generally big in size, unlike fishes. The best choice would be the material which is metallic or thermal resistant.
These sturdy materials of the heater shall help avoid breakage and long-life of the product.
The power of the water heater (in watts) depends on size of the turtle tank and environment of the surrounding. The ideal power of heater would be 2.5-5 watts for per gallon of water tank. Well, we can sum up the power of water heater required for turtle tank as below:
20 gallons tank – 75 Watts
40 gallons tank – 150 Watts
65 gallons tank – 250 Watts
75 gallons tank – 300 Watts
Price is indeed a very important consideration when you buy any product. You want the best features with the best price. Thus, we would say check out the features of the heater over the price. This would be a long-term investment for you.
The power of the heater you need also depends on the external climate. The temperature of the water shall be between 75-86 degrees F i.e. 23.8-30 degrees C. If your house or surrounding is on the colder side, you can opt for a heater with the higher power. For instance, you can go for 75 Watts heater than a 50 Watts heater.
The big turtles can manage with cold temperatures. However, the small-sized turtles cannot. The temperature needs to be maintained for their survival. If it is too cold, their metabolism gets impacted, they cannot eat well and go into hibernation. Thus, you need to select the heater depending upon the size of the turtle you choose.
There are many additional features that should be considered like the auto-shutoff feature or a LED display which shows the temperature of the water in the tank. A protective guard for scald-preventing and punching is another feature you should look for in the turtle tank water heater.
Well, these were a few factors we listed for you to select the best water heaters for turtle tanks and we are sure you would get the right one if the above factors are considered.
7 Best Water Heaters for Turtle Tanks on Budget
Well, after considering the factors still if you are confused as to which water heater is perfect for your turtle tank, we are here to help. We shall list the best 7 water heaters for turtle tanks of different sizes and also give you the details of each of the products. The following are the best water heaters:
PERSUPER Submersible Aquarium Heater
Orlushy Mini Aquarium Heater for Turtle Tanks
Zoo Med Turtletherm Aquatic Turtle Heater
Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater with Electronic Thermostat
hygger – Best 500-Watt Water Heater for Turtle Tank
Mylivell Submersible Auto Thermostat Aquarium Heater
Hitop Submersible Adjustable Aquarium Heater
Well, these were the best heaters for the turtle tank in your home. Make sure you consider the size and surrounding temperature before buying the right heater for your aquarium.
Recommended Reading: How Do Turtles Breathe? #Through Their Butts #Underwater #In Winter
How to Keep A Turtle Tank Warm Without A Heater?
No wonder, a heater is required in case of very young turtles. However, some turtles would do well in the normal external temperature. Still, if you see a loss of appetite and turtle going into hibernation, you may simply add warm water in the tank. As the season gets cold, you may need to add more hot water. This way you can care for your aquatic pets without a heater.
You may also place heating bulbs around the tank, so the water remains warm. Also, in summers during the day you can expose the tank to sunlight which in turn will keep the water heated. However, make sure the heating is not directly above the tank, since the pet may get overheat thus leading to other health problems.
However, if left unattended, your turtle might not get the desired heat and it may suffer from other diseases and it may also become fatal. It is not a good practice to not have a heater for your turtle tank.
By now, we are very much aware of which heater is perfect for your turtle tank. You need to select the right product considering the tank size and external temperature. The required amount of heat in water shall give your pet a healthy and safe life.
If you have any suggestions on the best water heaters for the turtle tank, please write to us in the comments section below.
YardPals does not constitute pet medical advice, please consult a licensed veterinarian in your area for pet medical advice. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other such affiliate advertising programs, which helps us earn a small commission when you buy a product from our affiliate link.
- What to do with a Dead Turtle? #CPR #PreserveShell #Rituals
- How to Preserve Turtle Shell #Clean #BestWays #Decompose #Legal
- 6 Best Automatic Turtle Feeder / Food Dispenser – Ultimate Buying Guide
- 8 Basking Rocks/ Platforms for Turtles – A Perfect Guide
- 7 Best Submersible Water Heater for Turtle Tanks – Ultimate Buying Guide
- What Do Baby Snapping Turtles Eat? #Fish #Duck
- What do Baby Painted Turtles Eat? #Plants #Insects #Wild
- How Do You Know When a Turtle is Dying #Signs
- How to Take Care of Snapping Turtle Eggs? #Incubating #Hatching
- What Do Land Turtles Eat? #Grapes #Bread #Shrimp #Tomatoes
- How to Know If a Turtle Is Happy? #Gratify Your Turtle #Playtime
- How Do Turtles Breathe? #Through Their Butts #Underwater #In Winter
- 26 Types of Turtles in Georgia #Laws in Georgia
- Turtle vs Tortoise (Facts You All Would Want to Know)
- Which Animals Eat Turtles?
- Best Time & Place to See Turtles in Hawaii #O’ahu #Maui #Kauai
- Different Sea/Aquatic & Land Turtles That Stay Small
- What Does Aquatic Turtles Eat? #Snacktime #LoveForFood
- How To Take Care of Turtle Egg At Home?
Skunk3 years ago
What Does Skunk Poop Look Like? Images & Identifications
Bunny4 years ago
How to Get Rid of Mites on Rabbits? #NaturalRemedies #Video
Bunny4 years ago
How Big Do Dwarf Bunnies Get? – Amazing Facts #Images
Horse3 years ago
How Much Weight Can a Horse Carry? #Clydesdale #Friesian #Mustang #Draft
Turtles4 years ago
How To Take Care of Turtle Egg At Home?
Turtles3 years ago
How to Take Care of Snapping Turtle Eggs? #Incubating #Hatching
Horse4 years ago
Difference Between Riding a Mule and a Horse
Turtles4 years ago
What Does Aquatic Turtles Eat? #Snacktime #LoveForFood